Nicaragua




In the summer of 2008 I got to spend a week in Managua, Nicaragua.  It made me realize how much of my college Spanish I had forgotten, but luckily a lot of it flooded back throughout the week.  *Note to self, use Spanish more often or you will forget it.


Got these great shots from the plane:



The wonderful group I traveled with :o)


Some of the housing in Managua:




This is the beast-of-a-truck that our whole team traveled in.
Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy...




Some of the sweet kids we got to love on.





The seminary where we stayed.




We helped build some new spaces for the seminary.




The Pacific!  My first time at the Pacific!




So, the pastors-in-training had to cut the grass.  With machetes.  That's holistic training right there.



A cute dog.  He was my friend.
All of the dogs there have really big ears.  

A heart-shaped lake in the
 crater from a dormant volcano.  

Sometime I'll do a separate post about the active volcano we visited while we were there.  It's the coolest thing I've ever seen (oh the irony in that statement). 

1 comment:

  1. When I was in Latin America (Honduras) in 2009, one of the girls on my team was trying to tell the boys/men cutting grass with machetes that the grass looked better, "mejor, mejor". Her exact words though were, "mujer, mujer." Haha, she called them women! Oh the stories of those not knowing a language well, yet using it! Potentially dangerous; frequently hilarious.

    ReplyDelete