Bad with Dates?

Today I lost my planner.  Life seemed to unravel in those few hours I couldn't find it, as I had no idea where I needed to be or when.  The search for it consumed most of my morning, and I delightedly stumbled across it after staff meeting.

If it weren't for that spiral-bound collection of dates and modern technology, I would never remember anyone's birthday, would be constantly late (if not absent), and wholly unreliable.  Yet, human advancement has saved me, and now I am a mostly-on-time lady of the 21st century.

In honor of this progress, I thought I'd point you to a handy, helpful Facebook feature you might not know about:  the weekly birthday email.

You can have Facebook send you an email every Sunday with a list of all of your friends' birthdays that week.  To get to this setting:
  1. Click on the drop-down arrow next to "Home" in the upper right-hand corner and go to "Account Settings"
  2. Go to "Notifications"
  3. Go to "Facebook" and click "Edit" 
  4. Check the box for "Has a birthday coming up (weekly email)"
Sorry, this won't help you for sweet people like your grandma who aren't on Facebook.  But hey, it's a start.  

3 comments:

  1. I can totally hear your voice when I read this. (-; I like that you started a blog. Hope you keep the posts coming! Dara Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so helpful... might have to sign my children up for facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha... AC, you need to sign your anniversary up for Facebook. :o)

    ReplyDelete