Make a Braided Headband

I promise, I'm really not crafty.  I know this is my second post on how to make something, but believe me.  I think to be crafty you have to have a talent and/or really enjoy it.  I would consider myself someone who can follow directions well and often gets bored 10 minutes into the project... Every once in a while I squeak out a finished craft, and one I've finished lately is a braided headband.

If you can sew at all, you can do this.  I can barely sew, and I'm pretty sure I do it all the wrong way, but I've managed to make a couple of these headbands that have held up so far:



*If you are not interested in learning to make this headband, then stop reading here.  This post has nothing else to offer you.*

Step 1:  Cut 3 strips of fabric.
I made my 1in thick.  Warning:  you will
want these to be skinnier than you think;
This thing bulks up fast.  
Step 2:  Sew one side of the ends together, then braid.  
Step 3:  Sew the ends together. Figuring out a
length can be tricky, and partially depends
on the stretchiness of your fabric.  If
you are using a Jersey knit, aim for
having 18in once its braided, and then
size it down a little if it feels to loose.  
Step 4:  Sew a little sleeve onto your band, flip it
inside out, and stitch around the outside to hold it in place.  
And, you're done.  Easy breezy.

No comments:

Post a Comment