My One Goal for Today

I had one objective to accomplish today- grill a pork loin for the first time.  I came across it on sale, and I've been trying to get that sucker on my grill ever since.  Tonight I made it for me, my friend Meg, and her 2 ridiculously cute little girls.  That's right, 4 women grilling and eating a pork loin.  We're liberated.

So I randomly got this as an 'Easter Present' once from my
 mom and her husband.  In all reality, I think they took pity
on me trying to grill on a tiny little charcoal grill, and
felt like doing something nice.  I've fed people from 4
continents on this thing.  It also may or may not have
used to go USC tailgating every Saturday.  I love my grill.  
A little top-rack cooking should do the trick...
About 45 minutes later I moved it to the bottom
to get a good flavor on the outside, and tossed
some onions on too...
And then these guys showed up... :o)
Dinner was yummy, and afterwards we fired up the,
well, fire pit and made some s'mores.  

The adults may have had as much fun making s'mores as the kiddies...



Well, maybe not.  When we asked the girls to help carry the stuff back inside, Anna came out and said that she ate 6 more (big) marshmallows, and Hollyn had so much melted marshmallow in her hair that Meg thought she was going to have to cut it out.  Ain't no party like a s'mores party!

2 comments:

  1. Good choice of pictures. Thanks for not sharing the crazy eye one :) It was a special evening- one for the memory bank!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of terrible pictures, "Please turn your phone off." "I am; it's powering down." "Don't be powering it down. Turn it OFF."

    ReplyDelete