Cake o' the Week

I really like to bake cakes.  I think it's partially because I love hospitality, and a good cake is like hospitality on the go.  I bake a lot of cakes, so I thought I could start doing a cake o' the week. I'll even share my recipes.  The biggest downside is that I won't get to hide things up my sleeve... but, hey, blogs slowly kill the element of mystery in life anyway.

This week's cake:  Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake

Not a great picture, but I was in the middle
of watching the Super Bowl.

Ingredients
1 box yellow cake mix
1 box vanilla pudding
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
3 eggs
8 oz. sour cream
6 oz. chocolate chips (mini chips work well in the recipe, but are not necessary)

Baking
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease bundt pan with cooking spray or butter.  Lightly dust with flour.
-Mix cake mix, vanilla pudding, oil, water, eggs, and sour cream until thoroughly blended.  Stir in chocolate chips.
-Bake 35-45 minutes, until cooked through.  Let cake cool in pan for about 30 minutes, or until you can touch the pan with bare hands.  Remove promptly.  To make it as moist as possible, wrap in plastic wrap when you remove it from the pan and refrigerate overnight.   

Variations:
-You can add nuts, coconut, or peanut butter chips when you add the chocolate chips.
-You can also use other flavors of pudding instead of vanilla (banana makes it fun for breakfast).
-At Christmas I dye it green and bake it in this fun Christmas-tree shaped pan that my friends the Davises and the Hatchers got me.

No comments:

Post a Comment