Books Read 2014

My friend Michelle does a reading list every year on her blog.  Michelle, always voracious reader, took in 68 books last year!  I'm nowhere near that; can't sit still long enough really.  I still love posting a list though.  I posted one here in 2011.  

Since I haven't been keeping this blog up all year, I actually have no idea what all books I've read, so this is an "as best as I can remember" list.  I did follow in Michelle's footsteps and note my favorite reads by highlighting them in gray.  There are definitely some books on this list that I did not like and would not recommend, just to stoke your curiosity.  (If you ask me I'll spill the dirt.)

These lists always make me wish that I still got little stars on a "Book It!" button that I could take to Pizza Hut for a free little pizza.  Like in elementary school.  Remember?  Maybe I'll just go get a pizza anyway.  

Anyway, I'm always up for new reads so if you have any favorites from your year, hit up the comments section and let me know!  The 2015 reading year is just getting started. :o)


Science Fiction
  1. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
  2. Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card

Fantasy

  1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling
  2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling
  3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling
  4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling
  5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling
  6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling
  7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling
  8. What Came From the Stars by Gary Schmidt

Historical Fiction

  1. Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy by Gary Schmidt
  2. The Wednesday Wars by Gary Schmidt
  3. Okay for Now by Gary Schmidt
  4. Longbourn by Jo Baker

War Novel

  1. Going After Cacciato by Tim O'Brien

Biography/Autobiography

  1. Thomas Jefferson:  The Art of Power by Jon Meacham
  2. CS Lewis- A Life:  Eccentric Genius, Reluctant Prophet by Alister McGrath
  3. Unbroken:  A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
  4. Bossypants by Tina Fey
  5. The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom

Christian

  1. The Attributes of God by A. W. Pink
  2. A Shepherd's Look at Psalm 23 by Philip Keller
  3. Unglued by Lisa Terkeurst
  4. The Gospel-Centered Life  by Bob Thune and Will Walker 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you've resuscitated the blog! Thanks for the shout-out and keep reading!!

    ReplyDelete